College Student Purchase Program
The words “purchase a new car” is something that current college students or recent graduates throw in the back of their mind considering their financial status or predicament. It becomes a goal in the distant future, once all of their loans are paid off or when their current car kicks the bucket. However, there is a way for Newark CA area college students/grads to purchase a used or new Ford vehicle in the present, and that is through our College Student Purchase Program. This programs is a great way for students or graduates to “pick out a ride and then add up the savings!”
Qualifying and eligible students must meet one of the requirements listed below:
- Student is currently enrolled full-time OR part-time at an accredited four-year college/university, community college or trade school
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of two-classes or an equivalent six credit hours
- Good academic standing permitted through school guidelines
- Student has graduated or will graduate between May 1, 2014 through January 4, 2017
- Student is currently enrolled in an accredited Graduate School Program
Due to the fact that most students or graduates are first-time buyers, the purchasing process can be a bit overwhelming and confusing. With this in mind, our very knowledgeable and seasoned Ford Finance Department is available to help Newark CA area students comprehend the financial terms that go along with a purchase. We work with each individual customer to ensure that all questions are answered and that they understand what the financial stipulations of the purchase are and will be over time. If credit or lack of having credit is a concern, Ford Credit now has program for first-time buyers, college graduates and foreigners on work VISAs that can help build credit for upcoming purchases. Through on-time low monthly car payments, your credit will build up over time, placing you in a better credit standing that will help you out in the future.
Our College Student Purchase Program Is Here To Help Newark CA Students Get a Dependable Vehicle To Go To and From Campus
If you do plan on using our Ford College Student Purchase Program, there are a few documents you need to have on-hand to see if this is the right option for you. These documents include:
- Bill of Sale/Customer Agreement/Customer Cash Payment Authorization Form (CCPA)/Proof of Student Eligibility (i.e. current class schedule or copy of diploma)/Proof of enrollment status in a minimum of 2 classes or 6 credit hours (i.e. copy of current class schedule, copy of term grade report, letter from college or trade school registrar’s office, etc.)
- For those students between terms (i.e. summer semester/vacation) or recent high school seniors entering their first term in college in the Fall of 2017, proof of prior or future term enrollment (see examples above). Letters of Intent will be accepted for incoming college freshmen. Letters of Intent are only valid for no more than 6 months.
- Copy of diploma
- Letter from college/university/trade school registrar's office stating graduation date and type of degree earned
- Copy of final transcript confirming graduation date and type of degree earned
- The Vincent Authorization Number
If you are a current student or graduate from the University of California, University of San Francisco, St. Mary’s Hall, Brandon College or any other local university and are interested in learning more about our College Student Purchase Program at The Ford Store San Leandro, contact us at (888) 960-9323 for more information.